MINSCT | Far from the usual
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

MINSCT

 

One of Vancouver’s newest clothing lines is making an appearance at a pop-up shop in Chinatown on September 6 and 7. Minsct (pronounced min-st) is a performance adventure wear brand and cultural medium with a sustainable conscience. Based out of Vancouver, B.C., its existence originates from the unstoppable human desire to create, absorb and share progressive ideas.

We sat down with Minsct founder Justin Pelletier to find out more about this creative brand.

How did you get started in the fashion industry?

My start in fashion simply began as a consumer. As a young kid, I was always into street wear and unique clothing. In my third year of university, I hit a roadblock in my life. I knew my psychology degree wouldn’t get me anywhere so I decided to take control of my life. I realized that being a street wear consumer all my life unconsciously sculpted me into someone who knew what looks good and what it takes to make a good brand. That’s really where it all started.

What was the idea behind the Minsct brand?

The idea behind Minsct came from the concept of creating a clothing line that would feel like a quality meat shop. This idea has really been the backbone of the whole brand, hence the slogan “finely chopped threads.”



How has reception for the line been?

So far the reception of the line has been great. Currently, we have a solid following in Kelowna and a growing following in Vancouver. We feel that our customers appreciate the exclusivity of our clothing. Our philosophy is that we never restock pieces. Like a great cut of meat, once it’s gone, it’s gone for good.

Where do you draw inspiration from?



Inspiration for the line comes from many facets. I am a strong believer that creativity can be draw from almost anything in life. Recently, inspiration for the line has come from West Coast nature aesthetic, surfing, the ocean and industrial design techniques.

Who is the ideal fit for Minsct?

The target for Minsct demographic is the young ambitious individual looking for simplistic, yet stylish, garments with a message behind it. We encourage our customers to achieve their dreams. After all, THE VISIONARY IS YOU.



Minsct will be selling a variety of limited edition lifestyle products including hats, t-shirts, duffel bags and tank tops. In addition, DJ Liar’s Radio will be spinning beats and selling rare vinyls, artist Adam Hoens will be selling paintings and Tristan Rogers will be selling custom made jewelry.


Registered article
Culture | Trends